Indigenous Cultural Safety Workshop
The College is pleased to announce our Fall workshop on the topic of Indigenous Cultural Safety. This half-day workshop was envisioned and recommended to the Quality Assurance Committee by the College’s Indigenous Cultural Competency Taskforce.
The workshop is designed to support our registrants in understanding key aspects of providing psychological services to Indigenous peoples. Following completion of this workshop, participants should have increased knowledge and understanding of:
- Social determinants of the health of Indigenous peoples;
- Anti-Indigenous racism in health care;
- Ways in which racism in health care can be addressed;
- The therapeutic alliance and key themes present in Indigenous-settler relations; and
- Destructive relational patterns and ways to protect the integrity of the therapeutic relationship with Indigenous clients.
The Workshop is now closed for registration